HOME IN FIVE ADVANTAGE
If you are buying a house in Maricopa County and you need help with your down payment and closing costs, you should consider the Home In Five Advantage program. This program has been very popular for the past couple of years that it has been available for the right reasons.
Simply put, this is a great down payment assistance program.
- Assistance for down payment and/or closing in the form of a 2.5% or 3.5% (depending on your credit) grant that you don’t have to pay back. Additional assistance provided to qualified Veterans, active duty Military, active Reservists and active National Guard.
- The assistance money is actually available. Many down payment assistance programs run out of funds within a short period of time.
- True down payment assistance money… no strings attached. Many down payment programs come in the form of a 2nd mortgage that is paid back over time or when you sell your home. Many prevent you from refinancing.
- You do not have to be a first time home buyer.
HOME PLUS MORTGAGE PROGRAM
The Arizona Home Plus mortgage program has been updated to offer a greater variety of opportunities to Arizona home buyers who need down payment assistance. These expanded options include different down payment amounts, higher maximum loan amounts and income limits, different loan programs and different qualifying criteria.
The Arizona Home Plus home loan program is very popular because each home buyer family will receive a non‐repayable housing grant that can be used for down payment and/or closing costs equal to as much as 5% of the mortgage loan.
- No first time home buyer requirement for most programs.
- No requirement to pay back the housing grant and it is not a 2nd mortgage.
- Qualified members of the U.S. military (active and Veterans) are eligible for an additional 1% of down payment assistance.
- The money is available.
- Funds for the grants are raised by the Arizona Housing Finance Authority and do not use taxpayer funds.
HOME PLUS VA & USDA LOAN PROGRAMS
VA and USDA loans are two popular government loan programs that offer 100% financing. The grant money from the Home Plus program is instead used to cover closing costs. As such, there is no down payment required. They are a great Arizona zero down loan programs. Home Plus VA and USDA Loan Programs are offered anywhere in Arizona other than Maricopa and Pima Counties.
*GUIDELINES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
The home buyer MUST work through one the approved and participating mortgage lenders. Here at American Dream Realty, we work with some of the most knowledgeable mortgage professionals in the business. We will make sure that you are connected with one of our partners.
The lender will be your point of contact through the process working with the home buyer to obtain a program qualifying mortgage and registration for the down payment assistance grant The Realtor at American Dream Realty will be your point of contact through the home search and purchase process. Our teams work closely together to ensure that you have a favorable home buying experience.
Want more information? "Get in touch!" Top right side of the page.